Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Glued

For the past 24 hours I have been glued to the TV watching the rescue of the 33 miners in Chile. I have literally watched more TV in the last 24 hours than I have in the past two months (about 17 hours to be exact) stopping only to sleep. Yes, I even watched the live coverage in school, while I was teaching.  Lucky for me I teach Spanish and I can get away with stuff like that. I don't know why I have been so captivated by this story of survival, but watching those miners be reunited with their families was really very touching.  I could watch people who are that happy all day (and I did.) They reminded me that the strength of the human spirit is truly remarkable.  I admire the miners, their families, and the rescuers for their faith and endurance.  Thank you for teaching us about the power of hope and perserverance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment