Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sleeping in Seattle

Well, I successfully completed my first road trip, on my own!  Granted, Seattle isn't very far away from Portland, but its an accomplishment none the less.  I took the 3 1/2 hour drive last week to go visit my aunt Cricket and my grandparents who were visiting her from Denver.  Now, if you know me at all, you know that I am not good with directions.  One time I got lost going from my house in Littleton to a Wendy's (about 3 miles away - in the town that I grew up in.)  I am happy to report that there were no dramatic driving experiences and I drove from my door straight to Christine's!! 

I had such a blast in Seattle that I extended my stay and came home a day later than I had originally planned.  We went to the famous Pike Market in downtown Seattle and we had so much fun sightseeing and people watching.  We even bought fresh fish, shrimp, and fruits and veggies that we took home that night to cook up for dinner!!


We bought one of these...


And some of these....


and some of these...


And I love these people...





My Uncle Dan built this building (The blue one in the back)...


The next day we went on a little cruise around the Seattle area.  Unfortunately, this is the only pic we got... it was a windy day.



On my way home I stopped off at the Tomyn's for a homemade, Korean breakfast.  A squid omelet.... yumm. They are some of my favorite people and I'm so glad that I was able to stop and see them.   Here I am with Song Song (I seriously love this lady.)

1 comment: