Monday, February 28, 2011

BTE & MJH

Life is really just a series of beautiful moments linked together, but I believe there are defnining moments in everyone's lives that make us who we are.  One such moment in my life was February 28, 2003.  I was a freshman in high school and really didn't have a care in the world.  And then, suddenly, my life was turned upside down when two of my dear friends were killed in a car accident.  Others were seriously injured and a third classmate (who I did not have the privilege of knowing) also lost her precious life. 

It shook me to the core and I struggled as I leaned on my friends, family, and faith to get through this trial. 

Brian and Michael were beautiful people with bright futures in front of them.  It all seemed so wrong.  So unfair. 

But through the despair, we grew and eventually... we healed.  We formed unbreakable bonds with one another and learned from the examples of Brian and Michael.  They were powerful missionaries. 

It's been eight years since the accident and I still think about them every day.  I think about how my faith was tested, and then strengthened.  I learned more about the love of our Heavenly Father, and his plan for us and I was comfoted by the knowledge that families are forever and that we are never alone. 

Please tell your friends and families how much you love them today. 

And please.... REMEMBER to drive safe. 

1 comment: